- Safe and Nurturing Learning Environment
- Professionally Trained Staff
- Age Appropriate Lessons Focusing on Stages of Development
- Outdoor and Indoor Play
- Christian Atmosphere and Teaching
- Sensory Learning Materials
- Nutritious Snacks
- Daily Devotion
- Praise and Worship
- Biblical Application
- One (1) hour maximum
- Microsoft Word
- Research Project
- Team Sports
- Relay Races
- Board Games
After School Calendar
New Jerusalem After-School will be closed for the following reasons:
- Staff Development
- Labor Day (School Closed)
- Parent-Teacher Conference (School Closed)
- Fall Break (School Closed)
- Thanksgiving Break (School Closed-One Week)
- Christmas Break (School Closed-Two Weeks)
- Spring Break (School Closed-One Week)
- Easter Break (Friday before and Monday after)
- Last Day of School (1/2 day)
** Days are subject to change.
** New Jerusalem will not adjust its daily schedule according to changes in the public schools’ closings.
*After-school parents must also abide by all General Policies outlined in this handbook.
Students entering Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1.
Arrival and Departures
New Jerusalem aftercare starts at 2:50 p.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m., Monday through Fri-day. Parents are responsible for signing their child/children into the center and signing their child/children out of the center every day. Parents are required to sign their first and last name. Sign-in sheets are available with the teachers. Children are not allowed to sign themselves in or arrive at their class alone.
When signing out your child, please make the teacher aware of your presence and follow the sign-out procedure. This procedure is crucial as teachers are responsible for sign-in/sign-out procedure. Parents are asked to be diligent in following procedure, especially if the class is outside the classroom, such as outdoors, in the gym, at a park, or any other location.
For liability reasons, employees cannot sign a student out of the school, nor can a staff member transport a child from the school for any reason, even with written or verbal parental permission. Only parents and those on the child’s pick up list may sign out and transport children from the school.
It is the policy of New Jerusalem that all students attire and grooming be neat and clean. Students are not allowed to wear the following items:
- Shirts/blouses that expose the midriff, chest, or buttocks
- Excessive short skirts or shorts
- Off the shoulder blouses/tank tops
- Scarves or bandannas covering the head
- Sagging trousers
- Clothing that promotes sex, violence, hatred, or profanity
- Any clothing items that the administration deems inappropriate.
New Jerusalem Christian School will provide after school pickup services to schools located within a two miles radius for Jackson Public School. Our school also transports students from McLeod Elementary and Ann Smith. New Jerusalem does not provide drop off service to any other facility. The schools must have at least two students in need of pickup services.
*This list may be modified at any time by the NJCS Staff.